Saturday, March 23, 2013

Short North- North Market & Zen Cha

Halo. Before this, I never know Columbus has a pasar pagi or pasar malam and the North Market turns out to be the classy and super clean market where you can eat at each stall and buy some fresh produce and groceries.

Short North 

North Market is located along high street but it is a lower height building so you may not spot it easily.
Anyway you can take Cota bus #2 and stop at Swan Street.
Visit the incredible place with 35 distinct personalities, from Asian foods to cookies, chocolates, breads, Jeni's icecream, pastas, coffees and lots more. You can definitely go there for lunch, I was too full this time so I just tried on some little dessert.
http://www.northmarket.com/



The interior design which makes you feel homey
We stroll around and look at some food stalls. Let the foods talk. hehe.

Sample foods of Pastaria and they make their own pasta.
They look good and I must try them on the next visit. 


We tried this- the Belgium Waffle.
The good thing about North Market is that there are a lot of food samples.  (Taste for free~ hehe)
It's crispier than other waffles that I had before. 
We had chocolate and cream on it but it is pricey , costs around $5. 
We bought this $1 Rainbow popcorn and we had lots of fun popping it at home. ( share it on the next blog maybe)
Highly recommend everyone to get this. ^ ^ 
The MUST try : Salty Caramel Jeni's Icecream. 

Fresh produce
However, there is limited space to dine at the food stall. Hope they have more dining area in the future. From what I noticed, each stall may only occupy like 4-5 people. It was a fun experience with some good friends around. :)   I enjoyed it . 

OK. Next stop on High is Zen Cha Tea Salon. I am not really a great fans of bubble tea. But I did not have it for quite some time, so I gave it a try and it turns out great. It does not taste artificial like the one that we usually get in Pasar Malam, it is truly Passion fruit + green tea + milk. Really good combination with the chewy 珍珠 too - (is it call bubbles in English? hahaz. I have no idea. Do you? )You get the option to choose the flavor, tea and milk, make your own combination .

You get to smell the tea leafs and see which one you prefer. 
My cup of passion fruit bubble tea. (good!) 
The scary monster with all the 珍珠 on his teeth... >.< 
Group photo with a cup of tea... ^ ^ 
I LOVE OUTING WITH MY SWEET FRIENDS.!
Tataz.


2 comments:

  1. wow i never knew columbus got this awesome place! have to go there sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Liyana! You should definitely try it out :)Thanks for viewing my blog. hehe

    ReplyDelete