Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Melbourne 墨尔本 - Great Ocean Road Trip

Day 2 - Great Ocean Road 

Halo. There are lots and lots of day tours available in the market and I get confused which day tour to choose. After doing a lot of research online, I had chosen Melbourne Australia Day Tour that fitted my budget and itinerary the most. Overall, the day tour was good !!
Tips: Check the weather ahead to book for your tour, choose a sunny day ^ ^
Pros for signing up day tour
  • Free pick up and drop off from your place of stay
  • Have rest throughout the journey that takes 3 hours to the Great Ocean Road from city 
  • Small group of people in a mini van, less noise, more mingle 
  • 7 famous stops throughout the journey

Cons for signing up day tour 
  • Spend only around 30 mins at each stop 
  • Driver aka tour guide spend time taking nap when you go around the destination, less interaction on the spot. 
  • Delay in schedule when pick up other tourists at farther places

Why Melbourne Australia Day Tour ?:
Sunset view at London Bridge and reasonable price at $AUS 85 (including delicious buffet style lunch in a restaurant)  

#1 Splits Point Light House




#2 Memorial Arch & Beautiful Beach




#3 Koalas and wildlife 
Although there was only 1 koala which was sleeping on top of the tree, we managed to have some interactions with colorful parrots and birds. The tour guide from other tour gave us some seeds to feed the parrots. I guess they pay more for their tour to have privilege to feed.  :P We were lucky. When you raise out your hands with seeds on it, the parrots just fly to you immediately, their craws are sharp and they flap their wings strongly. 



My awkward expression cause I am scared >.< 
#4 Illuka Restaurant at Apollo Bay. 
You must must must choose to have their fish and chips. This is the first fish and chips I had in Australia and the Best Fish & Chip I had in this Australia trip. Since I had a nice impression about fish and chips from my first meal, I ordered fish and chips most of the time later on in my trip but none of the others tasted as good as this. Maybe I am over- reacting but I really miss that and hope to eat it once more. The fish was fresh without any fishy smell and taste, breaded and deeply fried in front of you. Finger- licking good. Sadly, I didn't take any photo at that time. 

#5  Here comes the most famous location of the day: 12 Apostles
I love the breeze, the sun, the waves and of course the limestone stacks. But, one word to describe this place : Over-crowded. It was the holiday season, people from all around the world were there to see the beautiful limestone stacks.  No kidding, a lot of people.  Although there are only 8 Apostles left, I am amazed with the beauty of nature. It took me sometime to count the Apostles. 





**** I video recorded ! Must watch ~

# 6 Loch Ard Gorge
Less crowd with a beautiful love story about the Loch Ard Gorge.



Tom & Eva


# 7 London Bridge

I love the sunset so much and I talked with dar all the way back to Malaysia Hall.



Hope you enjoy all these photos taken by us ^ ^ 
Don't miss out Melbourne - Day 1 and stay tune!
Tataz.

No comments:

Post a Comment