Monday, May 27, 2013

Wesak Day Celebration

Halo. It's our family tradition to join the wesak day float procession. On the 24th of May 2013, Friday night  the procession started from the Bukit Mertajam Buddhist Association 大山脚佛学会. It was a blissful night with lots of devotees following the float with prayers and spectators along the streets of Bukit Mertajam.

The float procession took about 3 hours and I am proud to say that our family joined it for the whole session. We basically had walked through most of the landmarks of Bukit Mertajam. (from Taman Sungai Rambai to the town area, Kim Sen school, Jalan Song Ban Kheng) Although I sweat all the way and tired, I am glad that I am able to be with Buddha on this special evening. I recalled that when I was young, I felt exhausted and like giving up on halfway, but my mummy will then tell us that never give up and we can do it with a determined heart. It's true ! We never fail to reach the finishing point.

I saw smiles on people's faces when we finally finish the procession. Everyone is happy and blessed. ^ ^ Not to forget, we did bathe the Buddha to remove all our five impurities and ignorance.
Once again, Happy Wesak Day.

P.S. 卫塞节是纪念佛陀【诞生、成道、涅槃】的节日。 今天我们一起来浴佛,称念"南無大本師釋迦牟尼佛"圣号,感恩佛陀的教诲。
Check out some of the photos.

One of the float 

Buddha under the Bodhi Tree

BM Buddhist Association Float

Purple Kekwa 
Dad and mum praying "amitabha"


Devotees flowing the float

Little Bro- Yik and I 

Happy Wesak Day !
To have more updates from Bukit Mertajam Buddhist Association:
https://www.facebook.com/bmbuddhist?fref=ts

Tataz.

No comments:

Post a Comment