Saturday, February 9, 2013

游子- Chinese New Year Eve

Gong Xi Gong Xi. Facebook is flooded with lots of nice nice reunion photos. (But mostly foods, should have more family photos la, take some let me see!)  I am sure many of us who are studying overseas feel super emo when fb-ING. Hahaz.

So what I did on Chinese New Year Eve (Malaysian time)

1. Volunteer at Mid- Ohio Food bank.

Packing breads to deliver to people in need
我要惜福~
"Our life is most grounded when we are contributing whatever we can at each and every opportunity"- Jing Si Aphorisms 

2. Browse through some old photos.

Our reunion dinner- simple but nice ^ ^ I miss them my ah ma, ah gong, and ah pek.
The year of rabbit 

See my mummy, ah ma, and ah gu smile so happily :) 
Thanks to the great innovation of internet, skype and facebook, I appreciate that I can still keep in touch with them. I miss and love them all.

3. Listen to My fm and One fm for lots of CNY songs. (even on the phone: jz download their app)
http://my.com.my/
http://www.onefm.com.my/


4. Try to bake Pineapple Tart but fail :( it tastes ok but i don't have a piping mold (it looks ugly).
But I have lots of fun with others :)

At least I have pineapple jam
My pineapple tart 

We have milo drinks (ignore my super sleepy face)


As the old saying goes "每逢佳节倍思亲" which is so so appropriate to what we are feeling. I just can't take my mind out of my family. Since my family is going back to kampung which has no internet connection, I wish them 新年快乐 ahead. And I know my mum is trying hard not to let her tears roll down and keep telling me "mummy sayang 你 har~". With all these, I felt so warm, touched and loved

Lastly, wishing you a happy, healthy, prosperous Chinese new year. 
Tataz.

No comments:

Post a Comment