Wednesday, February 6, 2013

CNY Peanut Cookies

Halo. I decided to bake Peanut Cookies (花生饼) for CNY and luckily I found peanut meal (花生粉) from Crestview Asian Market which costs USD 2.69/ packet.  It might be a little pricey but having peanut meal, save my time and efforts. If you can't find any peanut meal from any stores. Try the traditional way of making it. So, I follow the recipe of hong kitchen and it turns out great ! My first attempt of making peanut cookies is a success. Yippy!

I make some little changes and here's my recipe.




Ingredients and steps 

500g All purpose Flour500g Peanut meals

250g  powdered sugar1 tsp Salt
(Mix them evenly.)

Aprox 330g ( 1 and 1/2 cup) Canola Oil 

Slowly add Canola oil into the dry mix until it turns into a dough. (Agak- agak)  
2 egg yolks ( to brush on top of the cookie)

Hints:
Remember to add some oil onto the baking pan and also preheat the oven. (340 F)
Bake the cookies at 340 F for 10 minutes. 345 F for 5 minutes.
Let the cookies cool down. It will turns a bit darker in color.
If you want to make more, the proportion of all purpose flour : peanut meals is 1:1 and the powdered sugar is half of the all purpose flour.

Dough (if you are using peanut oil, I supposed the color of the dough will be a bit darker)
Peanut Cookies 



Give it a try. ^ ^
Tataz.

2 comments: