Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Taste of OSU


 Halo. Last Friday, Taste of OSU- an event with cultural performances and foods from all over the world was held at the Ohio Union. Me and my girl- Chee Ling spent 9 tickets which cost $9 and enjoyed lots of food :) We were like food tester and aimed for the best food that we thought worth trying.

Me and Chee Ling with our tickets- Can't wait to eat! 


Before all the foods that make me hungry. Check this out! I learnt some simple Arabic language !

We are taught to speak in arabic in order to have our name written. Cool right? 


Upper Left- I get to know from my Muslim friend- My name written sound Yi mon instead of Yvonne. Hahaz. The person might heard me wrongly.


Ops >.< I can't really remember which countries are these foods from but no worries I still remember how they taste. Hehe.


A complete combo set of Somali food which cost only $2 - the cheapest food you can find at Taste of OSU.
They are super generous and the foods are not bad ! 

OK- we are rice lover . hahaz.
Far Left# Bread with mashed potato ( we will not choose that if we knew it was just mashed potatoes)
Left #  Flavorful , full with spices of  quinoa - a type of grains (small, crunchy)
Right # India Chili Prawns ( we expect it to be spicy turns out not spicy at all)
Far right # butter chicken. (It looks red and disappointing again - tastes like Prego sauce chicken)

Left#  Sour dough with pinato beans (guessing Ethiopian food)
Bottom Right # Baklava - the food that I love the most - Turkish desert sweet pastry sweetened  with syrup and nuts.
Up Right # rice with flavorful spices 
Overall, it is fun and interesting to taste foods from different cultures. ^ ^
Not to forget, MASA has our own booth as well, we sold 1000 + tickets. Wohoo!!

Chicken Sate , Nasi lemak and sambal 

Ondeh ondeh- Malaysian dessert with brown Malacca sugar inside and coconut flakes outside * sold out !

See the long line that quee for Malaysian food * so proud * 



Tadaa !! Fellow Malaysians ! Spot me in baju kurung ^ ^ 

Tataz. See you in the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment